1. Heidi Klum and Seal were still married.
They’d just welcomed their third child, Johan, three months earlier. The couple divorced in 2014.
2. And so were Courteney Cox and David Arquette.
At the time, their daughter, Coco, was just 2-years-old. Courteney and David divorced in 2012.
3. A serious love triangle was going down between Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, and Jessica Biel.
Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake avoided each other on the red carpet after JUST announcing their break up four days prior. (They’d been dating for almost four years.) But to make things REALLY weird, Justin was already rumored to be getting ~cozy~ with Jessica Biel, who was also there. Thankfully, Justin and Jessica didn’t walk the carpet together.
4. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony were still married.
The next year, Jennifer gave birth to their twins, Emme and Maximilian. The couple split in 2011.
5. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt only had three kids together.
At the time of the carpet, they were parents to Maddox, Zahara, and Shiloh. Just a few weeks later, they adopted their second son, Pax. Then in 2008, Angelina gave birth to their twins, Knox and Vivienne. In 2016, Angelina filed for divorce from Brad, citing irreconcilable differences.
6. Clint and Dina Eastwood were still married.
Unfortunately the pair legally separated in 2013.
7. And so were Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck.
At the time, their daughter Violet was just 1-year-old. The couple later went on to have two more children, but sadly split in 2015.
8. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal had low-key just started ~getting close~.
After meeting on the set of Rendition in 2006, the pair apparently took their friendship to the next level in 2007, despite Reese’s pending divorce from Ryan Phillippe. Their relationship ended in 2009.
9. Beyoncé and Jennifer Hudson were stars of their new movie, Dreamgirls.
The movie had been released three weeks prior. At the show, Beyoncé was nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical, and Jennifer took home the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress.
10. Vanessa Minnillo had just started dating Nick Lachey.
After starring in Nick’s music video for “What’s Left of Me” (written about his divorce from Jessica Simpson) in 2006, he and Vanessa started dating. They married in 2011 and now have three kids together.
11. Eva Longoria was engaged to NBA player Tony Parker.
She was gearing up for their wedding that July, though they later divorced in 2010.
12. Naomi Watts was just a few months pregnant with her and Liev Schreiber’s first child.
The following year, Naomi gave birth to their second. Though never married, the couple unfortunately announced their split in 2016.